Happy New Year to everyone!
I’m excited to share with you that as of version 2.3, oEmbeds are now possible with Page Builder Sandwich! Now you can embed videos, images, threads, and plenty of other content from YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Flickr, Instagram, etc.
Until now there wasn’t a way to add videos or any other type of embeddable content (aside from shortcodes) in the frontend. I’m happy to say that oEmbeds are now fully supported. Simply paste an oEmbed URL anywhere and hit enter then it will get embedded.
What URLs are supported? Well, any of the Embed URLs supported by WordPress! Plus, if you have a plugin that adds oEmbed providers (e.g. Jetpack by WordPress.com) then those will be supported as well.
Probably the best part about this new feature is that embedding doesn’t clutter your content. Embedded URLs in the backend editor would appear as a single line URL string.
If you want to give this a try, click on the live demo link above and paste some URLs there!
Other improvements and bug fixes
- Content type tool buttons (p, h2, h3, etc) will now highlight depending on what’s selected.
- Line height is now applied to the whole element instead of smaller span elements.
- Fixed: Elements sometimes get unnecessary inline styles
- Fixed: The inspector can go behind the admin bar and become undraggable
- Fixed: Better handling of button states
- Fixed: Formatting/unformatting removes linked text
- Fixed: Unable to format content that contain strong, em, i, b tags
- Fixed: Some formatting tools cannot be used inside columns and tables